Ginisang Munggo na may Giniling na Baka (Sauteed Mung bean with Ground Beef)
Sauteed mung bean is one of the popular dish in the Philippines. It is one of my favorite viand and great with steamed white rice. My mother usually cooked it once a week for our family. A very affordable dish. And I love sharing Filipino dishes to my loving husband.
- 1/2 cup mung bean
- 3.5 cups water
- 150 grams ground beef
- 60 grams fresh spinach
- 1 small piece of red onion (chopped)
- 1 truss tomato (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 piece of Massel Beef Stock Cube
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- In a big sauce pan add the water and mung bean. Bring to boil then turned it to medium heat with cover. It takes 40 to 50 minutes to cooked mung bean. Add water if necessary. It is already cooked when it become soft.
- While cooking the mung bean, in another pan start to saute the onion, garlic and tomato in olive oil. Add the ground beef, beef stock cube and soy sauce. Transfer the sauteed cooked ground beef into the simmering cooked mung bean.
- Bring it to boil for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the fresh spinach.
- Turn off the heat.
- Serve hot.