Sauteed Lentil with Ground Beef
In this recipe I used lentils as a substitute for mung bean. Lentil is a healthy choice. A rich source of numerous essential nutrients.
- 1/4 cup Dry Whole Green Lentils
- 4.5 cups water
- 150 grams ground beef
- 30 grams fresh spinach
- 1 small piece of white onion (chopped)
- 3 pieces cherry tomato (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 piece of Massel Beef Stock Cube
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- Rinse the lentils and drain.
- In a big sauce pan add the water and lentil. Bring to boil, then simmer with cover. It takes 35 to 40 minutes to cooked lentils. It is already cooked when it become soft.
- While cooking the lentils, in another pan start to saute the onion, garlic and tomato in olive oil. Add the ground beef, beef stock cube and soy sauce. Transfer the sauteed ground beef in the simmering cooked lentils.
- Bring it to boil for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the fresh spinach.
- Turn off the heat.
- Serve hot.
Mrs Shirley Simmons