Meditteranean Fish Stew - Basa
A budget friendly and a healthy seafood recipe!
- 2 pieces basa fish fillet (cut in 4 pieces each)
- 3 pieces fresh truss tomato (cut in cube)
- 1 piece white onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 pieces garlic cloves (chopped )
- 1 cup fresh celery stalk (cut diagonally)
- 1/2 piece green capsicum (cut in cube)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cube of Massel Vegetable Stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsely (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh basil (roughly chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano (roughly chopped)
- Heat the olive oil in the pan.
- Saute the onion and garlic.
- Add the celery, tomatoes and the capsicum. Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock cube, paprika,cayenne and black pepper.
- When the tomato is already soft, then add the white wine.
- Cover and simmer for few minutes then add the fish until cooked.
- Turn off the heat, then add the herbs.
- Serve hot.
Mrs. Shirley Simmons