Fig Jam Dark Chocolate Cake ❤
Everyday is a heart ❤ day!
I baked Fig Jam Dark Chocolate Cake for my dear husband. I used my home made fig jam and Bourneville Cocoa-Premium Dark, 100% chocolate in this recipe.
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup Bournville - Premium Dark Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/3 cup homemade Fig Jam (see recipe)
- 100 grams butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon jam, extra
- fresh fig for decoration (cut in heart shape)
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Brush a deep 23 cm round tin with melted butter.
- Put the base paper and grease with melted butter.
- Put the flours, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa into large mixing bowl.
- Combine butter, sugar, fig jam and water in a small pan. Stir in a low heat until the butter and sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Add buter mixture and eggs to dry ingredients. Stir with wooden spoon until just combined. Don't overbeat.
- Pour the mixture in the prepared round tin.
- Baked for 30 to 35 minutes or until the skewers comes out clean.
- Let the cake stand for 15 minutes before removing on tin.
- Remove the tin then turn into wire rack to cool.
- Heat extra fig jam in a small pan. Brush hot fig jam on cake.
- Serve cake.
Mrs. Shirley Simmons