Moist Banana Cupcake with Young Coconut
This is a moist banana cupcake with young coconut or "buko". This is a good recipe if you have over ripe banana at home!
- 80 grams young coconut string in syrup
- 2 cups self raising-flour
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup fresh milk
- 125 grams olive oil butter, melted, cooled
- 2 medium size eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Put the paper cups 12 x 1/3 cup into the muffin pan.
- Grease the paper cups with olive oil butter.
- Combine flour, caster sugar and cinnamon and mix together.
- Add milk, butter, eggs and vanilla to flour mixture.
- Stir, gently to combine then add banana.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan.
- Put the young coconut on the top of each cup.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or, until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Leave the cupcake on the pan for at least 5 minutes before transferring to rack for cooling.
Mrs. Shirley Simmons