Macaroni Ham Soup (Filipino Style)
Using leftover ham is one way of saving money. In this recipe I made a healthy version of Filipino style macaroni soup by adding some vegetables. My husband and I usually have this for our breakfast.
- approx. 1 1/2 cup leftover ham (cut into diced)
- 1 cup macaroni
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed carrots, peas and corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil butter
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 piece of small red onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon celery stalks and leaves (chopped stalk)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of Vegeta Chicken stock powder dissolved in 750 ml hot water
- 1 cup fresh milk
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- Salt (optional)
- Put the olive oil butter and olive oil in a medium heat sauce pan.
- Saute onion, garlic, celery and ham.
- Add the prepared chicken stock.
- Cover and allow to boil.
- When it starts to boil add the macaroni pasta and the frozen mixed carrots, peas and corn. Leave it unopened on medium heat.
- If the pasta is cooked already then lower the heat.
- Add the fresh milk then turned off the heat immediately.
- Dash with freshly ground pepper.
- Serve it hot.