Ginisang Munggo na may Hipon (Sauteed Mung Bean with Prawn)
Sauteed Mung Bean with Prawn is a healthy dish. This is affordable because I used the leftover cooked prawn. Best served with steamed white rice!
- 1/4 cup mung bean
- 4.5 cups water
- 150 grams leftover cooked prawn (peeled)
- 30 grams fresh spinach
- 1 small piece of white onion (chopped)
- 3 pieces cherry tomato (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 piece of Massel Vegetable Stock Cube
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- In a small sauce pan add the water and mung bean. Bring to boil then turned it to medium heat with cover. It takes 40 to 50 minutes to cooked mung bean. Add water if necessary. It is already cooked when it become soft.
- While cooking the mung bean, in another pan start to saute the onion, garlic and tomato in olive oil. Add the cooked prawn, vegetable stock cube and soy sauce. Transfer the sauteed prawn into the simmering cooked mung bean.
- Bring it to boil for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the fresh spinach.
- Turn off the heat.
- Serve hot.
Mrs. Shirley Simmons