Mum's Chicken in Pickles and Banana Sauce
The UFC Banana Catsup is one of the Filipino food products that my husband like. It is available in any Filipino shop. Surprisingly, he loves chicken cooked in banana sauce! My mother used to cook this for our family.
- 679 grams assorted fresh chicken with skin (5 pcs)
- 134 grams sweet spiced gherkins, pickles (chopped)
- 1 cup UFC Banana Sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic (chopped)
- 1 small red onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 pcs fresh laurel leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon olive oil (for marinate)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for saute)
- 1 cup water
- For the marinade, combine pickles, garlic, soy sauce, black pepper and olive oil. Then mix together.
- Pour the marinade on the chicken.
- Keep it on the fridge for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Place a sauce pan and saute the onion in olive oil.
- Add the marinated chicken and the excess marinade and precook in medium heat with cover.
- Stir occasionally.
- Precook until slightly brown.
- Add the banana sauce and water, let it boil.
- Remove lid from pan, turn into medium heat.
- Cook and stirring until the sauce reduce into half.
- Turn off the heat.
- Serve hot.
Mrs. Shirley Simmons