Adobo is a popular dish in the Philippines! In this recipe I used white wine vinegar made in Italy from Food Lovers at Moorebank. I love trying new ingredients on my recipe!
- 500 grams chicken (4 pieces)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 40 ml soy sauce
- 4 pieces bay leaf
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of dried red chili flakes
|White Wine Vinegar|
- Combine all ingredients and mix. Then marinate the chicken for about 30 to 45 minutes inside the fridge.
- In a non-corrosive pot, put the marinated chicken and the excess marinade.
- Cover and bring to boil without stirring until after it has boiled.
- Reduce to a low heat. Simmer for about 45 minutes or until tender.
- Remove lid from pot then cook and stir until almost dry.
- Serve hot.
Mrs. Shirley Simmons